The instructor for all of the courses presented by Innovative Educational Services is Michael Niss, DPT. Dr. Niss is an accomplished physical therapist, educator, and evidence-based researcher/writer. His clinical background includes more than 30 years experience in acute care, geriatrics, orthopedics, and sports medicine. To date, Dr. Niss has authored more than 61 physical and occupational therapy online CE courses totaling more than 170 instructional hours. He is also a nationally recognized speaker who has presented more than 125 live continuing education programs totaling more than 1000 CE instructional hours. In addition, Dr. Niss has held a full-time faculty position at Broward Community College, and has also served as Regional Regulatory Compliance Officer with a Fortune 500 health care company.
IES was founded in 1999 with the goal of providing affordable, convenient, and informative continuing education programs to rehabilitation professionals.
All of the courses presented by IES are applicable for introductory learners. Introductory - Information is geared to practitioners with little or no knowledge of the subject matter. Focus is on providing general introductory information.
Where applicable, each course has received, prior to the date of presentation, approval for continuing education credits by the state and/or national continuing education governing body.
All of our courses are priced at just under $10 per credit hour. We believe that by producing great courses and offering them at an affordable price, we can create loyal customers who will enthusiastically tell all of their friends about us.
It is the policy of Innovative Educational Services to provide the learner with an unrestricted 100% refund upon request. The request for a refund by the learner shall be honored in full without penalty or other consideration of any kind. The request for a refund may be made by the learner at any time without limitations before, during, or after course participation. Activity cancellation by the provider - The learner will receive a 100% unrestricted refund within 48 hours of cancellation.
Activity cancellation by the learner - The learner will receive a 100% unrestricted refund within 48 hours of cancellation. The request for a refund by a learner may occur either before, during, or after course participation. Complaint resolution - All complaints will be resolved to the learner's satisfaction within 48 hours of the receipt of the complaint by IES.
Innovative Educational Services is committed to respecting the learner’s right to privacy while using our services, and to insuring the security of the information that we collect.
Innovative Educational Services requests specific user information on our registration form. The user is asked to provide contact information (e.g. name and address) and financial information (e.g. credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing and mandatory record keeping purposes only.
Innovative Educational Services is the sole owner of the information collected. Personal information is disclosed only in the following instances:
• When an accrediting agency requires verification that an individual has taken a course
• When an agency requires us to report all persons completing a course (Florida CE Broker)
Personal information collected is never shared, rented, or sold to any third party other than those specifically mentioned above.
Our Web site takes every precaution to protect our users' information. When a user submits sensitive information, the information is protected both online and offline. Where our registration/order form requires sensitive information (such as a credit card number), that information is encrypted with SSL, the best encryption software in the industry.
Innovative Educational Services, nor any of its instructors or employees, have any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material discussed or mentioned in any of our continuing education programs.
The information contained in the courses produced and/or presented by Innovative Educational Services and its instructors shall not include any content which is proprietary or copyrighted by any other individual or organization.
All programs available through Innovative Educational Services include a bibliography or list of reference sources that documents course content accuracy, validity, and provenance.
Innovative Educational Services does not solicit nor accept continuing education courses written or produced by individuals outside of the organization.
Innovative Educational Services makes proprietary claims to all formatted course materials, post-tests, and design elements found on its website, www.cheapceus.com.
The materials found on www.cheapceus.com may be duplicated and shared for non-commercial purposes only.
Innovative Educational Services is committed to ensuring accessibility of its Web site for people with disabilities. All the pages on our Web site conform to W3C/WAI's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0, Conformance Level Double A.
These guidelines include the following principles:
1. Provide content that, when presented to the user, conveys essentially the same function or purpose as auditory or visual content.
2. Ensure that text and graphics are understandable when viewed without color.
3. Mark up documents with the proper structural elements. Control presentation with style sheets rather than with presentation elements and attributes.
4. Use markup that facilitates pronunciation or interpretation of abbreviated or foreign text.
5. Ensure that tables have necessary markup to be transformed by accessible browsers and other user agents.
6. Ensure that pages are accessible even when newer technologies are not supported or are turned off.
7. Ensure that moving, blinking, scrolling, or auto-updating objects or pages may be paused or stopped.
8. Ensure that the user interface follows principles of accessible design: device-independent access to functionality, keyboard operability, self-voicing, etc.
9. Use features that enable activation of page elements via a variety of input devices.
10. Use interim accessibility solutions so that assistive technologies and older browsers will operate correctly.
11. Use W3C technologies (according to specification) and follow accessibility guidelines. Where it is not possible to use a W3C technology, or doing so results in material that does not transform gracefully, provide an alternative version of the content that is accessible.
12. Provide context and orientation information to help users understand complex pages or elements.
13. Provide clear and consistent navigation mechanisms.
14. Ensure that documents are clear and simple so they may be more easily understood.